Thursday, July 25, 2013

I love to cook.  

Especially dinner.


I try really hard to make healthy things that my family will like.  That can be tough sometimes.  There are times Kyle just looks at me like, "Really?  This is dinner?".  No, that's not fair to him...he is always grateful for whatever I make....but I am sure he thinks that sometimes.

I am always reading articles online about health foods...what's healthy, what's not.  This seems to change from year to year.  With all the miracle diets and super foods, who could ever keep up?  On top of that, everything online seems to contradict itself, depending on where you get your information.  It's very confusing.  

One of my favorite blogs to follow is called 100 days of real food.  Her name is Lisa, and her family pledged to eat only real food for 100 days....nothing processed...period.  I think most of us would look at that and think, well that can't be very hard...I eat real food all the time.  It is so sad though, because so many things that we eat that we think are healthy, are not.  Reading her blog has really opened my eyes and helped me understand what real food is.  Understanding what real food is pretty simple.  Eating real food...that's a different story.  But, I do my best.  

This is where my joy of cooking comes from.  I enjoy getting natural ingredients, and putting them together to make something delicious.  I feel our bodies are gifts from Heavenly Father, and so important to take care of.  It's so important to me to teach my children to eat healthy and take care of their bodies.  

I am most definitely not perfect.  I have my guilty pleasures..namely, candy.  But, I also feel like there needs to be balance.  So I try not to be too crazy obsessive.  I let myself eat candy, and I also allow my kids things that aren't good for them sometimes too.  

I think life is an act of balance.  Balancing the good and the bad.  Trying to do our best. 

So here I sit, trying to think of what to make for dinner tonight.  Maybe I'll visit Lisa's blog for one of her recipes.  Though I am most definitely imperfect at eating completely healthy, I feel like we generally do a good job as a family.  That makes me feel happy.  So here's to a healthy meal, and investing in our bodies.  One bite at a time.         


Does anyone else ever take pictures of their dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment