Monday, July 29, 2013

delivery shoot

Has anyone else ever had a photographer in the delivery room with them?  

I was so blessed to be able to have my sweet aunt Laura in my labor and delivery room to document the whole experience.

At first, it seemed like it might be a little weird...being in pain and being photographed.  But, I must admit...I loved it.  

I was so grateful to just be able to enjoy the experience, and not have to worry about constantly asking someone to take pictures.  

Laura did a beautiful job.  I love being able to remember every detail.  I am the kind of person who has the whole thing video taped...just so I can watch in later, and actually enjoy it.  Sometimes in the moment, it's kind of hard to see the beauty of it all.

Laura definitely captured the beauty of this process.

I was so grateful to her for giving up her day to be there, so I can have these photo memories forever.

Thank you Laura.




Waiting for my epidural to be done
my beautiful mother



So relieved my epidural is working this time


My Mother in Law, Jolene

I think my body is pushing her out....maybe you want to check??

Practically running to the delivery room, the nurses didn't know if I was going to make it


I love this precious picture...it really is true love

So grateful to have both our mothers there to enjoy this special, sacred experience with us

Emma Jo, 12 pounds 7 ounces...born 10 minutes after I got into the room

cutting the cord


seeing her for the first time...my precious angel...is there a more beautiful sight than seeing your own sweet baby for the first time?



Congratulations






My mother is so special to me, I am so happy she was there to share this with us

My sweet Emma Jo really looking at her mommy for the first time



















1 comment: