Tuesday, September 16, 2014

L.A. Fair

September is such a great month.  Not only does it bring with it the beginning of the fall season, which to me is the beginning of the holiday season…but it also brings with it the L.A. fair. The only thing about september is that it is normally scorching hot!!!  And I think that this year is worse than any that we've experienced in the past.  Just yesterday it was 106…yikes!!  Regardless, I love it when the L.A. fair comes to town.  There is something that is so fun about going and seeing all the animals, eating the food, and walking through all the exhibits.  This year we went with my parents, and Oma.  I was afraid that it was going to be miserably hot, but when we got there the weather was BEAUTIFUL, and it was really fun.  The only bummer was that Kyle was supposed to meet us there, but he ended up getting stuck at work, so it was just the kids and I.  Even though we missed our daddy, we had a lot of fun seeing the animals on the farm, feeding the sheep and goats, and eating the classic fair food, and drinking the chocolate milk…milked fresh from the cows on the farm.  Yum!  Emma Jo was glued to my mom, and Grayson had a lot of fun with Papa Jack….especially when he bought him a sword.  We plan on going back with Kyle(and we pretty much have to, because I didn't get to enjoy my FAVORITE fair treat…a bowl of fruit and other goodies covered in CHOCOLATE…mmmmhmmm), but if the time gets away from us and we don't make it back, I am so happy we were able to go and enjoy the fair with my family.  Spending time  with family is priceless…I wouldn't trade it for the world.  So, here's to making memories together.  Life is too short to not spend time with the ones you love. 














We miss our Daddy

Gray had to get a picture with the tractor




No comments:

Post a Comment