Friday, April 15, 2011

too protective...??

so....
 my mom is a worry wart.  unfortunately, she has passed this trait on to me.  i worry about everything.  but for me, worry wart became an understatement the day gray was born.  i became a mother bear.  people were afraid to get to close at the risk of losing a finger.  normally, i could've hibernated in my home for the first little while, and no one would have known the extent of my condition.  but unfortunately, circumstance did not permit this, as he was born right before the two major holidays.  thanksgiving and christmas.  could there be a worse time to be born?  coaxed out of the house to the holiday parties by my husband, i clung to my baby like white on rice.  nobody was going to get too close, because germs can jump you know.  so i stuck to my resolve, and only my husband, my mother, and myself were aloud actual contact with the baby.


looking back....


could i have eased up?  perhaps.


do i regret it?  not one bit.


so now i am branded with the "overly protective mother" mark....


not necessarily a desirable label, but considering my baby is safe and free of illness, oh so worth it!     

No comments:

Post a Comment